Thu, 19 Jan|
Art therapy group for new parents
Time & Location
19 Jan 2023, 10:00 – 11:30
Knowle, Bristol Broadwalk Redcatch Park, Knowle, Bristol BS4 2RD, UK
About the event
Being a parent/carer is challenging. It is hard to make time for yourself and prioritise your own mental health. We are two Art Therapists who are also parents ourselves and offer a non-judgemental and creative space for you to reflect and share your experiences. You are more than welcome to bring your baby (under six months). We will have toys and playmats to keep your baby comfortable. This baby doesn't have to be your first, parents/carers of multiple children are welcome as long as your youngest is under six months.
What to expect from the group:
- A safe creative space to reflect on your experiences
- Run by two qualified art therapists who will ensure a non-judgemental, supportive environment
- A small group of up to eight parents plus babies
- Time for personal artmaking and group reflections
- Takes place in our heated Canopy in the Garden
- The group is on Thursdays 10-11.30am for eight weeks.
- Starts 17 November and runs for 8 weeks with a break for Christmas
- All materials and equipment and a snack and hot drink will be provided.
This group is free to attend. You must be able to attend most weeks - from 17 November 2022. Email email@example.com for more information.