Sat, 23 Sept|
The Spirit of Woodstock + Children of the Revolution Open Air Theatre Shows
We are excited to welcome Something Underground Theatre Company to the Garden, bringing you two amazing shows…
Time & Location
23 Sept, 15:30 – 24 Sept, 17:45
Knowle, Bristol Broadwalk Redcatch Park, Knowle, Bristol BS4 2RD, UK
About the event
We are excited to welcome Something Underground Theatre Company to the Garden, bringing you two amazing shows on Saturday 23rd September…
The Spirit of Woodstock, 3:30-5:45pm, and its sequel, Children of The Revolution, 7-8:45pm
About The Spirit of Woodstock
- Inspired by the ethos of the hippie, counterculture and free festival movements, award-winning Something Underground Theatre Company brings you it’s tribute to Woodstock ’69.
- A thought-provoking, poignant, lump-in-throat, dynamic, energetic and semi-immersive theatre collage of the stories and era that surrounded the “Mother of Free Festivals.”
About Children of the Revolution
- A theatrical romp through the 70s.
- An exciting smorgasbord of theatrical vignettes, a whistle-stop tour of your memories and of modern history.
- Multi-award-winning Jonathan Brown plays, in lightning-fast succession, 65 distinct moments from the 70s, the people, the events, the musicians, the upheavals, the iconic junctures that shaped our world.
Bathed in the soundscapes and music of the times, enhanced by the audience’s memories and imaginations, Jonathan takes you back into worlds that were both revolutionary and challenging. Both plays are semi-immersive, funny, poignant and moving. Not to be missed!
£15 for General Admission
£11 for Concession
Group Booking discounts available!